Okay, if you thought September snuck up on us well then October hit us like a train! But that is okay because October means we can get out the boots, scarves and make everything pumpkin spice! We definitely are not complaining about this crisper weather and the changing of the season. Another thing we aren't complaining about is the gemstone this month, Tourmaline! Here are some things that you might not have known about this colorful gemstone.
- Tourmaline comes in a variety of colors but the most popular colors are pink and green!
- Because tourmaline comes in so many colors, ancient legend says that this is because it traveled along a rainbow gathered all the rainbow's colors
- Tourmaline was loved by the last Empress of China, Dowager Tzu His
- The Dutch started to import the stone in the 1700's and that is when it started to become more valuable
- The stone is known to strengthen mind and spirit
We are open 7 days a week, come and visit us at your convince! :)
- October 03, 2017
- Amy Thiessen