Tourmaline // October
Wow has the weather changed in the great lakes area! October hit us like a train, however we are definitely not complaining about this crisper weather, because October means we can get out the boots, scarves and enjoy everything pumpkin spice! Another thing we aren't complaining about is the gorgeous gemstone this month, Tourmaline! Here are some facts that might not have known about this colorful gemstone.
- Tourmaline comes in every color of the rainbow, but the most popular colors are pink and green!
- Because tourmaline comes in so many colors, ancient legend says that this is because it traveled along a rainbow gathered all the rainbow's colors
- The name Tourmaline is from the Sinhalese words‘turamali’, which means “unknown gemstones of mixed colors”.
- The Dutch started to import the stone in the 1700's and that is when it started to become more valuable
- The stone is known to strengthen mind and spirit, and help relieve stress.